Helpful information for all SRLs
- National Database of Professionals Assisting SRLs – Unbundled Services NEW!
- Department of Justice (National)
Public Legal Education and Information
- Legal Line This website provides free legal information in 65 languages.
Family Law Trial Guides
Family Law Resources
- Department of Justice Canada – National
- The Canadian Civil Liberties Association
The Canadian Civil Liberties Association is a national non-profit organization that has been at the forefront of protecting fundamental freedoms and democratic life in Canada since 1964.
Currently, CCLA’s work is focused on the following thematic areas: Fundamental Freedoms, National Security and Equality. They have developed a unique model of advocacy that supports five core activities: public education, citizens’ engagement, monitoring, research, and litigation.
- Pro Bono Students of Canada (PBSC)
Pro Bono Students (PBSC) Pro Bono Students Canada (PBSC) is a national, award-winning program that operates in 21 law schools in eight provinces across Canada. Founded in 1996, PBSC law student volunteers provide free legal services to vulnerable, low-income Canadians and non-profit organizations. Chapters exist Canada wide
- The Association in Defense of the Wrongly Convicted (AIDWYC)
AIDWYC – (protecting innocence) – is a Canadian, non-profit organization; Their mandate is to identify, advocate for, and exonerate individuals who have been convicted of a crime they did not commit and to prevent wrongful convictions through legal education and reform.
Access to Case Law
- CanLII Connects
CanLII Connects was created to make it faster and easier for legal professionals and the public to access high-quality legal commentary on Canadian court decisions.
- National Databases maintained by the Law Society of Upper Canada (per province) that include document text, case name, citation, or docket.
- Statistic Canada lists Family Court cases involving child custody, access, and support arrangements
Divorce and Financial Information
- Thistoo.co is a Free On-line Resource for understanding and planning a divorce. Topics cover issues around children, assets, taxes, and more …
Support for Children
- Child Support Tables -The Federal Department of Justice website contains a tool
to help calculate the amount of child support that is owed in accordance with the
Child Support Guidelines.
- Child Support Information (Older children)
Information and/or help for Children
- International Child Abductions: A Manual for Parents.
- “Our missing children” program c/o National Missing Children Services: In
Ontario call toll-free 1-877-318-3576 or Fax: 613-993-5430. For more
information, including links to other helpful sites
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: This is a toll-free crisis telephone service operating
province-wide 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Trained counselors can help
you determine your options, provide information about local supports such as
shelters and sexual assault centers and help you develop an immediate safety
plan. Interpreters in 150 languages are available to respond to callers. 1-866-863-0511. TTY 1-866-863-7868.
- French-Language Crisis Line: A toll-free crisis telephone service for
Francophone women experiencing violence. Call 1-877-336-2433 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).